So this is Christmas as the song goes!
A lot of people who are in the midst of a job search feel that this time of year is down time so they suspend their job search activities. While I agree, it can seem like the hiring process has stopped – it is important to keep your eye on the prize.
Last week, 2 of my candidates received and accepted job offers. Both of them had been unemployed for a short time only.
Looking for a job during the holidays? Here are some things you can do:
- Make up simple business cards with your name, job title, best phone to reach you on and e mail address.
- Keep up your networking on LinkedIn and give yourself a goal of adding at least 5 new contacts per day.
- Attend every party and holiday event you are invited to and take your business cards with you. You never know who will be there or what jobs they know about. They may ask for your contact information and you will have it handy on your new business card.
- Remember to take care of your physical self which will help you to remain positive.
- Make sure you are ready to hit the ground running at the beginning of the new year when everyone suddenly focuses back on hiring!
Happy Hunting! (And Happy Holidays)!